Waterfall Weddings in Historic Starkeytown
Hello from Regina! I’m the last Starkey in Starkeytown, and enjoy sharing my home to fellow nature lovers. If you’re looking for a place to getting married that not many people know about, you’ve found my little hidden paradise in the Smoky Mountains.
The waterfall is located next to my late great-grandmother’s 86-year-old Appalachian Mountain style home at the edge of the Smoky Mountain National Park. It is very similar to the homes you will see when visiting Elkmont in the National Park.
Pap’s nearly 100 year old barn is at the end of a short path to the right of the waterfall. Both the barn and my Granny’s old house make great backgrounds for your photographs! (Due to their age and condition, guests cannot go inside or use the front porch.)
I added a covered pavilion at the waterfall in 2022 for smaller, couples only weddings in case it rains. The pavilion is situated in such a way that photographs can still be made to make it look like you’re in the middle of the wilderness at a sweet little waterfall. We also allow use of a larger covered shed to the left of the house in case it rains and you have a wedding with a very small guest count of ten people or fewer. Please don’t ask if I can expand this guest count number… I prefer to keep this location intimate with low environmental impact.
You are welcome to bring items such as sand ceremonies, guest books, signs, and other wedding décor that can be hand placed. Petals (real or artificial) must be picked up before you leave. Please leave my home just like you found it.
Tours of our property are welcome by appointment only. I’m unable to accommodate walk-ins since this is my private, gated property.
Honeysuckle Falls is open from April 15th through October 31st unless weather permits during winter months. Weddings are booked on Wednesdays through Saturdays. We are closed on Sundays, Mondays, and all major holidays. The property address and helpful information will be given upon booking. I can also meet you at our main venue, Honeysuckle Hills, if you wish and you can follow me or another staff member to your wedding destination at the falls.
Please be aware that due to this venue’s location, while rare, it is possible for the power to go out or for trees to be blown across the road. Rest assured we will use a battery back up, battery powered lanterns, and get the road cleared as soon as possible. If we’re unable to accommodate your wedding before night fall we will give you a full refund.
“Whimsical Waterfall” Mountain Elopement
As its name implies, this elopement package is for the couple who decides on a whim to have a beautiful, heart-felt ceremony at a waterfall. I want you to feel just as welcome as all the visitors that ever showed up on my great-grandmother’s door step. I will perform your ceremony myself as a Tennessee Notary Public, or my brother-in-law can provide a faith-based, Christian ceremony. Either of us can snap a few cell phone pictures for you after the wedding, too!
• Ceremony with personalized vows for two people in love without guests
• Total time on property 15 minutes
• Arrive dressed & ready to go
• Tennessee Notary Public or Minister to perform the ceremony and file your license
• Photography not included, but we can take a few snapshots with your phone
The Waterfall Wedding
Share your happiness with up to ten wedding guests at our private waterfall location. This elopement package allows access to my great-grandmother’s nearly century old home place to get dressed & do hair and make-up prior to the ceremony. It is the only wedding we will schedule that day, and gives a more traditional feel to the celebration. A wedding director is included to make sure everything goes smoothly along with gorgeous photography by either myself or my daughter-in-law, Sierra.
•Access to dressing area two hours prior to ceremony
• Total time on property four hours
• Use my great-grandmother’s home to get dressed & do hair & makeup (yourself or hire a stylist to meet you there)
• Minister or Notary Public to perform the ceremony and file your license
• Two hours of photography and ALL images with copyright release (after editing)
• Ten gray chairs placed at the ceremony site
• Back-up plan for rain in the covered shed near-by
• Ceremony director to keep things organized, direct ceremony & help with music
The Mini-Wedding at the Falls
If you crave true privacy and intimacy, this mountain elopement package will take you on a road less traveled, away from the hustle and bustle of town… yet only six miles from the main Parkway in Pigeon Forge. I will do my best to marry you myself as a Tennessee Notary Public, but my brother-in-law is also available for faith-based, Christian ceremonies. Photography will be created by either myself or my daughter-in-law, Sierra. Both of us have a romantic wedding photography style. This waterfall elopement package is best for only the two of you, but I understand if you have one or two others who would like to attend. From the third guest forward, please choose the package intended for up to ten wedding guests.
• Total time on property thirty minutes
• Arrive dressed & ready to go
• Minister or TN Notary Public to perform your ceremony and file your license
• Photography, and ALL images with copyright release (after editing)
• Photographs are taken during the ceremony & 15 min after
• Best for only the two of you, but we will allow up to two more people in attendance